Ginseng is an incredibly popular root that has been used medicinally for centuries. Ginseng health benefits offer a large range of potential, making it a great choice for anyone looking to improve their health.
Some of the key ginseng health benefits include its ability to boost energy levels, support the immune system, prevent nausea, help with digestion, and improve cognitive function. If you’re looking for an all-natural way to improve your health, consider adding ginseng to your diet or hot tub routine.
Ready to learn more about ginseng today? Then let’s dive further into this article!
What is Ginseng and where does it come from?
Grown in the wild, ginseng is a small twig-like plant with rhizome roots that can be found in many Asian countries, like Korea or China, as well as Russia and North America.
Although it grows best in its natural habitat, the ginseng plant can be grown both indoors and outdoors. This plant likes a sunny spot that does not get too hot.
The Different Types of Ginseng
Although there are over a dozen species of Ginseng roots, there are five main groups that can be found more readily in products sold for their wide array of health benefits.
- Korean Ginseng, or Asian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) is a slow-growing perennial, waiting five or six years before harvesting the roots.
- Chinese Ginseng, or Red Ginseng (Panax Notoginseng) grows naturally in the wild forests of China.
- American Ginseng (Panax Quinquefolius) is a herbaceous perennial shrub that grows in the wild and can be found all over eastern North America.
- Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus Senticosus) can be found in Russia’s remote Siberian forests.
- Ashwagandha, or Indian Ginseng (Withania Somnifera) is a shrub in the nightshade family that grows in India, the Middle East, and parts of Africa.
The Top 6 Ginseng Health Benefits
Now that you’ve learned a thing or two about the different types of ginseng – let’s learn about its 6 main benefits:
1. Works as a Cognition Booster
Using ginseng as an ingredient in aromatherapy can boost a wide array of brain functions, including memory and social capacity. Apart from that, ginseng can also help in reducing mental fatigue.
Even though it mostly produces effects in short periods, it can cause immensely positives effects on mood and behavior as it may increase serotonin levels over time.
And it can work as an active ingredient in therapeutic processes to treat mental health issues, anxiety and stress, and more.
2. Increases Body Energy LevelsAlong with its ability to boost mental capacity, ginseng may also help improve overall body energy. Especially people who struggle with fatigue and chronic tiredness, they may find ginseng a perfect solution to their condition. Using ginseng in its crystals or liquid forms in a spa session can bring tons of body advantages going from reducing physical & mental fatigue to increased overall levels of energy in minutes. Apart from that, ginseng is also beneficial in improving physical activity.
3. Offers Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Other wonders of the natural properties of ginseng include its anti-inflammatory ability. Thanks to its capacity to improve circulation in the body and increase the overall antioxidant processes in cells – it can inhibit and reduce swelling in skin and muscles.
If you want to protect your body against inflammation and oxidative stress, ginseng is your best bet. The circulation advantages and the overall relaxing capacity will keep inflammation low and protect against pain.
4. Benefits of ginseng for the skin
Ginseng skin benefits also help to stimulate and activate the skin’s metabolism and blood flow to regenerate and tone the skin.
This all happens due to the potent antioxidant properties of fighting off free radicals which can cause damage from environmental toxins like pollution particles UV light etc.
Truly, one of the top skin secrets are the benefits of ginseng for skin is its ability to prevent aging and promote healthy skin cells growth.
Ginseng can be found in PharmaSpa’s collections
Energy from the Original collection and Sunset Mist from the Nature collection. They can be purchased in crystal and liquid forms.
5. Treats Erectile Dysfunction
Another beneficial effect of ginseng is to use as a therapeutic ingredient to treat erectile dysfunction.
Some of its compounds are so powerful that it prevents oxidative stress in blood vessels and other tissues inside the penis. This improves overall functions and makes erections possible.
Similarly, ginseng may improve the production of nitric oxide, which eventually helps by relaxing tissues and promoting better and faster erections.
Besides, its energy and physical improvements may also enhance overall satisfaction levels in both men and women. So yes, there are ginseng benefits for men and ginseng benefits for women.
6. Boosts Body Immunity
For the anti-microbial benefits of ginseng, you may also consider its capacity to treat and prevent the flu, kill viruses that act on the respiratory tract, and avoid many other infections by strengthening the immune system.
But the real benefit comes from its capacity to help treat immunity disorders. Thanks to its potent properties and active compounds, it can work to keep the immune system healthy
There’s also enough evidence to say that it can improve the effectiveness of several vaccinations, making it an even more beneficial ingredient in several wellness products.
How to Use Ginseng in Your Everyday Life
You can take ginseng in a number of different ways. The most common and easiest is way is by taking a ginseng extract which you’ll then put into food or drink! Ginseng tea benefits are nicely taken in by the body, or taken as a supplement.
Finally, adding a liquid or crystal to your hot tub, jetted bath, or regular bath is a great way to soak up the ginseng benefits through your skin.
Start Using Ginseng Today!
If you are looking for an all-natural way to boost your energy, immune system, or cognitive function, then ginseng may be a good choice for you. Ginseng is an incredibly popular root that has been used medicinally for centuries and offers a large range of potential health benefits.
Ready to give it a try? Then check out Pharmaspa’s products that include ginseng in our unique dried natural herbs blends!