Are you suffering from gout pain that is making your life miserable? There are many ways to relieve gout, but one of the most effective is an Epsom salt bath. Find out how Epsom salts can help relieve gout and put an end to your pain!
If you are someone who suffers from this disease and prefers natural treatments, then this blog post is for you! Bathing in Epsom crystals offers remarkable therapeutic benefits for the treatment to help relieve gout. Not only because it avoids any type of contact with swollen joints, but bathing in this mineral water gives one’s whole body an opportunity to work better (including nerves and muscle tissue).
What is gout?
Gout is a form of arthritis that is caused by crystals forming in the joints. These crystals accumulate when uric acid builds up in your body due to high levels of purines being produced as waste products from the breakdown of cells.
The most common symptom is extreme pain and swelling at one joint, often affecting just one toe or finger. But it can also affect multiple joints, such as those in your feet or toes.
There are two types:
- Primary gout has no identifiable cause.
- Secondary gout comes from other conditions, such as kidney stones, diabetes mellitus (type 1), alcoholism, high blood pressure, and obesity.
How can Epsom salts help relieve gout symptoms?
Epsom crystals are natural compound minerals, mainly formed from magnesium and sulfate. These Epsom salts benefit help to relieve the symptoms of gout by providing relief for inflammations, while also having other health benefits like increasing blood flow.
This composition helps to flush harmful toxins from the body. It also cleanses and relieves any swelling, reduces inflammation in joints, aids nerves function correctly. It even increases protein in the tissue and regulates electrolytes. All the factors make this an excellent choice for people with gout or diabetes.
When Epsom crystals are used with warm water, the benefits are absorbed by the skin quickly. So the alleviating effects can be felt after just a few minutes of use.
What other benefits can I get from soaking in Epsom salt?
Epsom salts are a natural treatment that has been used for centuries. They help relieve pain and inflammation, but Epsom salts are a great way to rejuvenate and invigorate the body with its other health benefits:
- Increases brain functions, such as concentration.
- It is an effective way to soothe your body and reduce stress.
- Helps with poor sleep by relaxing your muscles and releasing magnesium. This helps the body produce better quality restorative slumber.
- When mixed in hot water, it helps to draw toxins out from your skin pores.
- Promotes the absorption of oxygen in your system, which helps boost general health and well-being!
- Improves nutrient absorption of your food due to the sulfate.
- Helps to soothe and moisturize the skin
- Prevents and relieves migraine headaches when you soak in hot water by releasing muscle tension.
Tips on how to use Epsom salts crystals for gout relief
Hot tubs are a wonderful way to get the most of the Epsom crystals benefits as they are absorbed by the whole body. Gently apply soft circular massage movements around the joints. We recommend you use our products that are made specifically for hot tubs and spas, while keeping your water balanced.
- Just simply follow the directions on the container. Add 1 to 2 capfuls of PharmaSpa Spa and Bath Crystals per 500 gallons of water directly in your hot tub or jetted bath.
- Our crystals can also be used in a regular bath or indoor Whirlpool by adjusting the added quantity to 1/2 to 1 full capful.
- When it comes to hands and feet, adding 1/2 to 1 full tablespoon to a basin is sufficient.
You should start feeling a bit better within a few minutes and your body will continue to absorb the minerals after 20 minutes of bathing. At that point, any swelling, inflammation, and pain should be gone or diminished for at least a few hours.
Doing it 3 or 2 times a week will promote the recuperation of the joints, and after some time, it may even cure the condition.
All of our Epsom salts come in a variety of natural extract blends and each provides a different natural therapeutic experience and aromatherapy treatment. Take a minute to check out the Original, the Nature, and the Hemp collections offered by Pharmaspa!